There's a comedian that I like called Emo Philips. I say 'called' and not 'named' because I'm pretty sure the first name is a stage one. His real name is probably something like 'Edsel' or 'Wilbur' or something. Anyways, he has this one liner that goes "I bought some new underwear. Well, new to me."
We kind of did the same thing, only instead of skivvies we picked up a replacement for our station wagon. It's a 2003 and the newest car that either of us have ever had by 10 years, so we're excited about it. Anyone want to buy a cheap old car?
Valentine's Day was fun, too. We celebrated a little early by going to the Draper Temple open house and had Rodizio's for dinner. If you've never been, it's well worth it, believe me. You just have to be willing to gorge yourself a little bit otherwise you won't get to taste every bit of deliciousness they bring by the table.
Brazilian Barbecue is not for the weak of belly.
The temple was beautiful. It was set on a hill and really visible from most of the area, and the interior was gorgeous. The amount of time that goes into the finishing work amazes me, but it is an incredibly special place. More than anything that we did while we were down there, going to the temple with Angela was by far the most special to me.
I know that sometimes I'm not the most romantic person, and I'm not really into traditions or holidays, but I love Angela. She laughs at my jokes even when they're not funny; she handles our finances; she cooks delicious meals; she takes the time to make our house a colorful home where it would otherwise be empty with white walls. She even gets my nerd humor. She makes me want to be better than I am.
Anyways, I hope everyone had a happy Valentine's Day.
Monday, February 16, 2009
The One with the New Car
Posted by Joe and Angela at 10:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Happy Valentines Day! I'm glad you had a nice day. Congrats on the new car. What kind of car did you guys get? Jon and I are going to start car shopping within the next few weeks. Talk to you soon.
Rodizio's...ahh, just thinking about it makes my mouth water. :)
Post a Comment