Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Holiday! Celebrate!

Well, I figure it's about time for an update.

We had a really nice Christmas in California. When we left, the weather was still relatively nice - in the mid 30s most days. We spent the week in CA parading around in flip flops and t-shirts only to come back to frigid weather. It was a rough transition back to icy land.

Our trip was so nice. We got to visit so many people and really enjoyed our time together. It meant a lot to me to be able to visit with everyone, and I'd like to be able to say what my favorite part of the trip was, but I don't think I could choose.

We started our trip off visiting with Auntie. It was the first time since Joe and I have been married that we really got to spend some quality time with her. I'm glad she was able to work us into her busy schedule ;)

We were also able to go out to Santa Barbara to visit with Grammy Lujan. Since our trip was so last minute, she didn't know Joe and I were even going to be in town. We drove out with Auntie and surprised her. It was one of the best visits I've ever had with Grammy; it was awesome to see her.

After our visit with Auntie and Grammy, we went up to my moms for Christmas. It was so much fun on Christmas morning watching Madison open all her presents. After Christmas, we did some after-Christmas shopping. I made a little extension to our nativity collection and got some awesome deals too.

Grandpa Meyer broke his leg a little bit before Christmas, so we all helped with loading his pigs to take them to either be sold or butchered. I have to say it was a lot of fun. Hard work, but fun. I never knew Joe could be so good at herding pigs. He doesn't like to get dirty, so I didn't really think he had it in him :)

Lisa came up the saturday before we left. Though I would've preferred she came for a different reason, it was good to see her.

The drive home took about forever and a half. It was a long trip that was ended with an even longer drive.

We got back only to do a list of chores. Sometimes I think it would be nice to go back to being a kid with no responsibilities.

New Years Eve, we watched the Bourne trilogy at Brita and Dallas'. Paul and Candace arrived from California New Years Eve as well. Paul is Joe's best friend from High School. He and Candace got married in October. They decided to move out to Utah, and they'll be staying with us until they can find jobs and a place to live. The movers came on New Years day and moved all their stuff in. I have to say it was nice to sit on the couch and watch all the movers do the heavy lifting. It's a good thing we have two spare bedrooms. We're packed into our little house like sardines now. Hopefully jobs will come soon for them. I know they're eager to get settled instead of living out of boxes.

Last night for FHE Joe and I went sledding down Old Main Hill. It was a blast. I woke up this morning with a little bit of a cold. Hopefully it will pass soon because I really want to go sledding again.

Sorry there're no pictures for this post. I'll have to post a few later.

3 comments:

Jon, Teresa and Madison said...

It was so nice to see you and Joe. Madison had a great time with you guys. When we got back from L.A. she went all around the house looking for Anla-la & Joe. Then on Sunday night, she went looking in the rooms at Grandma/pa's house looking for you guys and Letta--> Oh and the "choo-choo". It was so hilarious and she had everyone laughing. We miss you guys!!!

Lisha said...

It sounds like you guys had a great time. I hope you got pics of the pig herding. I would've loved to have seen that. I LOVE visiting extended family that I haven't seen in a while.
I hear you on the wanting to be a kid again with no responsibilities thing.
I'm glad you had a nice trip.
Welcome back to frigid Utah!

Scott said...

I know what you mean about wanting to be a kid again. I feel the same way sometimes when I am burdened with all of my responsibilities. I'm glad to hear that you guys had a good Christmas and New Years.